Marketing and advertising opportunities are everywhere, and they are constantly evolving. The method in which your home is marketed will have a profound impact on the sale price, so discuss the marketing plan with a good real estate agent.
Selling your home is more than sticking a “For Sale” sign in your front yard and running an ad in the Sunday paper. Your goal when marketing your home is to get high exposure, as fast as possible.
Exposure in the housing market will put your home in front of the greatest number of potential buyers. The larger your pool of buyers, the higher the likelihood you will get multiple offers.
When multiple offers are received, an atmosphere will be created where prospective buyers will compete with other offers, and will offer their highest and best price.
One of the most effective strategies is to run a promotional blitz.
- Professional quality photographs and/or virtual tour of your home on the Internet
- Printed materials such as flyers, pamphlets, postcards, etc. that buyers can take home (include photos and major selling points)
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) with all photos and full details
- Post the listing on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Newspaper and/or magazine ads
- Offer a “Broker/Agent Tour” the first week on the market
How to find a good Realtor:
- Select an agent with the right credentials.
- Research how long the agent has been in business.
- Look at their current listings.
- Look up their licensing and any complaints.
- Check them out online.
- Talk with one or two recent clients.